Let me just start by saying how much I love you, how quiet and different life would be without you...I would be devastated if you were not here.
One day, I hope that you have your own children. Not so that I can have grand children. I am far to young to be wanting grand children, yet! I would like for you to have your own child/ren, so that you can have a taste of your own medicine. I am fairly certain that my mother felt the same about me.
Here is why I hope for grand children...so that every day you can:
- be whacked in the eye
- cracked on the head with a very heavy little head - at least once a day
- be awake by 6am...at the latest....EVERY day
- ...and be at the mercy of a fully wound child from the moment that her eyes open
- be elbowed in the boob, regularly
- mop water and milk off the floor every 5 minutes
- be screamed/head butted/pushed and pulled at while food is prepared - you have a bit of a see-food-want-food-now issue
- follow your child around - retrieving her from:
- window sills
- tables - including my sewing table!
- standing on and tipping little chairs over
- and stopping her from climbing into the bath full of water
- mop up the flood when the dog water bowl is tipped over
- rescue brushes, paper, clothing, hair clips... from the toilet
- change the poopy nappy of a baby that does not want to lie down
- clean the floor of food every single time your child eats
- ....especially the cheerios and milk that are dumped on the floor when you have had enough
- so that you can see what you are able to squeeze into that precious nap hour
- polish those dents in the floor, from whatever is is that you have just thrown, so that Daddy doesn't see them and get cross
- so that you can have a never-ending stream of teeny tiny clothes to wash and hang
- stop your child from acting like superman off of the couch and bean bag
- clean off food and drink that has been smeared into the couch
- have your furniture used as a jungle gym
- ...and have your protests and threats completely ignored
You are only just 16mths old, but - oh man! - you are the noisiest, most busy and active, destructive, messy and trouble causing little monster that I have ever experienced. I thought that girls were supposed to be easy?
But then also, so that you have a little person to:
- sew cute clothes for
- hug and cuddle
- give you wet little kisses
- give pigtails to - that first pigtail is the cutest