Tuesday 3 July 2012

Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream {Recipe}

In the hope of some more sunshine making an appearance...we made some strawberry ice cream.

All you need are some frozen strawberries, a little cream and a few spoonfuls of icing sugar.  I have to confess that it isn't my recipe.  You can find that over here.  But, it was super easy and quick to make.

To blend the ingredients I used our Braun hand blender - the hand held plunger, rather than the whizzy container.  I am not entirely convinced that it was man enough for the job as our ice cream was not as smooth as we would have liked.  Maybe I froze the strawberries for too long?  I don't know, but it was delicious!

Our ice cream looks a little melted, that is because I kept whizzing it to try and get it smoother.  So, don't over-whizz yours, unless you like melted ice cream.

Do you think that this idea would work for mango or banana or some other fruity ice cream?



No comments: