Saturday 26 May 2012

Happy & Sad in the Sunshine

We have been enjoying the most amazing week of sunshine and warmth and open doors and open windows and playing in water and playing in tents and garden picnics and ice cream and exposed arms and legs and feet.

The girls and I have hardly been inside all week.  This is the kind of weather I love.  Sunshine and fresh air on our skin.  Warm air, allowing doors and windows to be open right until we go to bed.  Curtains staying open to enjoy the late evening light.

Sleeping with windows open.  Sleeping under sheets (no duvets) and quilts.

Perfect...in every way.

The paeony had opened up.  Almost fully.  That colour!

Yesterday the wind picked up and Ava's tent started blowing around a little.  Next thing it was in the flower garden...where The Paeony lives.  In the blink of an eye, my beautiful paeony was de-capitated.



Petals thrown to the ground.

It must have been quite a fragile flower, because my initial thought was that I could put the broken flower in a bowl of water.  It wasn't to be, with petals strewn e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e.

If our neighbours hadn't been in their garden, I would have howled.

If the girls hadn't been with me, I would have cried.


Sigh...what a waste....


{Get your little person a similar pair of baby hot-pants that Chloe is wearing!  So soft and comfy and cool in this warm weather.  If you would prefer a different fabric or ruffles or appliqué on the butt, let's have a chat.  I have other fabric in my stash and would gladly send you a photo for you to choose from.}



No comments: