Thursday 22 March 2012

A Little Outing

A friend and I went off to the Spring Country Living Fair in London yesterday, with Chloe tagging along for a ride in our back pack.  I had been counting the Sleeps until our day out.  I obviously don't get out very much.  It was worth the anticipation!  I want More!

I took a few pics - there was So Very Much to See, and just no way to take photo's of everything that brought on the Wanties.

Beyond Fabrics: they had some fun geometric prints.  I had to peel myself away from their booth!  I have wayyyyy too much fabric already.  Having surfed their website, it seems that they design some of their own prints. 

Bill Brown bags: love the earthy stripes and teeny bags!! 

Bread and Jam: the retro prints were just gorgeous.
  
Hogben Pottery:  was sooooo tempting
  
So very Very tempting...all those chickens and birdies and dogs...
 
Indigo and Rose - such lovely countrified snuggly goodies

These blankets were so soft and I love that you can flip them over as your mood changes - stripes on one side birdies on the other...or...or....or!!

Luca Designs: love this tyre-horse-swing!

The New Eden: gotta confess that one of those bunnies came home with us!  Ava has decided that it is a boy bunny...the name, we are not quite clear on yet, but the not-so-word "buzzy" is in there somewhere.  Every time I ask what the bunnies name is, it changes a little.  Buzzy has taken up residence in the garden and is keeping watch.

I don't remember who this booth was, but the work in there was just amazing.  The 2nd hanging quilt from the right had a price tag of £725 on it.  It looked like silk with hand embroidery.  Just beautiful.


Miss Patisserie: these are not edible cupcakes!  They are fizzy bubble bath bombs.  Ava just had one in her bath tonight.  They smell delicious and we had a lot of fun catching the floating gold stars.

Peppe: Oooooh boy!  A Serious case of the wanties here!  I have been wanting a garden seat swing for years - ideally with an arbour over it...but I am not fussy, an A-frame will do just fine too!  I know exactly where it would park in our garden....sigh.....  This one is especially lovely - a 3 seater, so enough length to lie down if the opportunity arose.

But...I would take a 2 seater too.....

Chloe was as good as gold.  My friend generously helped carry her at bit - 10kg baby plus back pack weight is a bit sore on the back and shoulders after a while.

We were at the fair for about 4 hours which included a lunch break and a crawl break for Chloe.  {We just let her loose in a quiet corner!  You should have seen the exhibitors face - they had a bunch of pot plants all neatly lined up - guess who made a bee-line for them!!  Little rascal.  Thankfully no damage was done.}  It would have been nice to have had an extra hour or so.  My friend had to fetch her little girl from nursery at a set time, so there were some booths that we just whizzed past.  Either way, I don't think that we missed too much.

My brain was totally fried after the trip.  My eyeballs were overdosed on eye-candy.  My legs were aching.  My back was sore.  It was a lovely day.

Have you been to the CL fair?  Who was your favourite exhibitor?  What did you buy?  Share, share, share!!

.....Hmmm...I need to plan another outing like that...

Enjoy!

No comments: