Sunday 18 November 2012

Christmas Tradition

A few photo's of some of the Christmas projects that I am working on...

This is - uh, will be - a cat with a fluttery dress.  I will be using the cat pattern from the Wee Wonderfuls book.

She still needs her legs attached and some clothing.

I combined two patterns from the same Wee Wonderfuls book for her.

I think that I should redo her cheeks...they have stretched out of shape after stuffing her.

The doll will sit in this backpack.  Backpack pattern from Oliver and S.

Doll seat idea and spotty fabric inspiration from Saltwater-Kids.

The eye-less elf.  The pattern is from the Scandinavian Stitches book.  The elf will be getting eyes...temporary felt eyes until we get to my mom, when the elf will miraculously have teeny weeny button eyes.

Have you ever heard of Elf on the Shelf?  I first heard of it last year, but thought that Ava was a little young for it still.  This year - we are making it our new Christmas tradition.  Anything to encourage good behaviour and kindness between sisters...!  Rather than buying the kit, I have made our own elf.  Maybe not quite as pliable as the 'real' elf, but I am sure that Flower Daddy and I will be able to conjure enough fun with it.



1 comment:

ButterandBuntings said...

Those dolls are just too cute!