Monday 2 April 2012

Yummy Choc Chip Biscuit Baking


I made these at the weekend.  Far too more-ish for my own good.  I added an an extra 2 handfuls of choc chips - the recipe seemed a bit mean with them.  What I especially like about this recipe is that it is so versatile - swap choc chips for raisins or nuts, or swap some oats for coconut.  Yum, coconut!  I think next time I make them, I will do oats, coconut and choc chips.  Am drooling already.

Here is the recipe......

Oat Cookies with Chocolate Chips
100g flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
125g unsalted butter or margarine (I like Stork) at room temp
175g soft brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
175g porridge oats
50g chocolate chips

* Preheat the oven to 160 deg C (fan oven) or 180 deg C
* Beat together the butter and sugar until nice and smooth
* Beat in the egg and vanilla
* Beat in the flour, baking powder and salt
* Mix in the oats and choc chips - I did this by hand with a big spoon
* Using non-stick baking sheets, flatten heaped tablespoon fulls of the mix.  The biscuits don't spread much, so no need to space the squashed dough too far apart
* Bake for 8 mins until golden but slightly soft in the middle
* Let sit for 2 minutes before you transfer to a wire rack - they are quite 
* Hide cooled biscuits from husband and kids

A few notes - I doubled my recipe and this made for a good box full of biscuits; I cooked each batch for about 15mins - I like more crispy, less chewy and I added a lot more choc chips.  I found the dough to be quite sticky and next time might add a tiny bit extra flour.

Enjoy!

No comments: