Monday 30 April 2012

The Blankets are a-Growing

Ok, so they are growing r-e-a-l-l-y  s-l-o-w-l-y, but you have to admit that I am making progress.



No prize for spotting the goat!

Yup...no space for photography minus children allowed in this house!  See the other little leg?  {and my mismatched socks - whoops}

Anyhow, the blanket is 7 blocks x 5 blocks.  I have just started on the opposite side of the blanket.  When that is done I will join the 2 halves.  I was going to take a photo of the back too...to show the dreaded weaving in that still has to be done.  At least you can watch TV and weave at the same time - so there is at least one upshot...but....UGH!  Oh, the back pic never happened....

A high-speed crawler came speeding through and I gave up.

My ripple hasn't had many more rows added either.  I am not massively keen on that pale green bit at the top, but am hoping that it will blend in ok with the pale blue and the next warm colour...which I am yet to choose.

I wasn't happy that the camera strap was dangling in this photo, so took another photo....

...then Ava arrived, so I took another photo....

...speedy baby arrived, so I took another photo...

...I gave up altogether!

I am hoping to have a bit of hooky time tonight, joining a few more little squares to the flower blanket.  Fingers crossed for a good evening.




No comments: